Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hamlet and I.

Sorry for my blogging hiatus! I'm one of the students Prof. Gideon was talking about being the worst and needing to catch up. Nonetheless, let me make one last post on Hamlet and relate a similarity between himself and I.

Hamlet clearly, was pretty bad at making decisions. He waited until other forces made him make decisions and often they were delayed. Killing Claudius is the pending question of the whole play: will Hamlet kill Claudius? It takes him a long time to finally decide to do so after having numerous opportunities and even seeing his mother killed.

Like me, I have waited and waited to blog and then suddenly the day has gone by and I haven't done it. Even when I was deciding to come to BYU, I deferred for a year and then finally decided to come over to the States. Then when I went back to Australia for the summer, I couldn't decide on whether to come back again and all of a sudden the following Fall semester had gone by and I still hadn't got on the plane yet. Alas, I'm here now. In a country that snows 2 and half months before winter starts and I'm still deciding whether to keep my summer dresses in the front of my closet.

Hamlet and I don't like to make decisions.

1 comment:

  1. Well, hey, you're at a time in your life when you can take some time to decide things! As a husband and a father, I don't have that luxury, haha. Don't take it to the extreme, but enjoy this while you can!

    ReplyDelete