Sunday, October 9, 2011

Missionaries and The Oath


I used to serve food at the MTC and found out that fresh little 19 year olds are pretty awkward after being set apart. Before they’re even out in the field. It’s like whenever I would hand them a plate of food and be conversational, they weren’t quite sure whether they should talk to me and be friendly back. I could see that it wasn’t the same with the male servers.

It just got me thinking- how the King and his lord’s vowing not talk to girls unless it is “necessity”, is similar to how LDS missionaries interact with girls. At first, it seems like the King and his lords are not allowed to be seen talking to women at all. Difficult. So, to be a little more practical but still placing precautions and restrictions, they allow contact with females if necessary.
Maybe girls can relate to this post more but regardless, the whole situation is pretty funny in home wards. 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I totally agree. In fact I think posted a related comment on Matt's blog

    http://smithmatt232.blogspot.com/2011/10/foreshadowing-power-of-women.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that's great. I missed that comment. It's so true though right. Family wards you get it, single wards you get it, mtc you get it, it's like a mormon plague of awkwardness. and I mean that with all due respect...

    ReplyDelete